Like many girls I know I usually start my year off with some kind of juice cleanse or diet as one my new year’s resolutions. But this year I decided why wait? Why not get in the best shape of my life now so I can feel super sexy on NYE and start the new year feeling and looking fantastic?!
I know the holidays are a hard time to diet because of all the parties and get togethers but if you’ve been feeling unhappy about how you look there is no better time to start my 25 Day Detox Diet! Plus let’s be honest, if you’re not drinking, (which you won’t be if you don’t cheat!), then you will for sure be everyone’s favorite DD. Getting super fit & healthy, AND helping keep your friends safe at the same time? What could be better than that?! Plus if you start now you’ll be done before Christmas so really what are you missing?
So who’s with me? Come on it’s just 25 days and I promise you will look & feel amazing if you stick with me! Let’s do this!
Vanessa’s 25 Day Fruit, Veggie, Juice, Protein Detox Diet
1. For the next 25 days you will only be eating fruit, veggies, & proteins, & drinking juices & lots of H20!
– Greek yogurt, beans, tofu, quinoa, are all great sources of protein and fiber which you will need to help keep your appetite in check -If you eat meat then it’s fine to keep eating it but stick to healthy choices, no bacon or ground beef cooked in oil etc.
2. No Unnecessary Carbs: No bread, crackers, chips, tortillas, rice etc. & No Cheese!
– Basically no eating carbs unless they are carbs found in the proteins above or in fruit. No fried anything!
3. No sugar or sodas or sweets of any kind.
– No you can not just have a little taste of those cream cheese frosted pumpkin bars, so don’t even think about it! It’s just 25 days. Don’t be such a woos!
4. No alcohol… or cigarettes (or any drugs! duh we’re on a cleanse here!)
– No you can’t have just a sip or a glass of wine just the one time. If you can’t go 25 days without drinking then you might need to consider rehab! Plus there will be plenty of time to party in your favorite new body after Christmas!
5. Drink lots of H20 (at least 8 glasses daily), juices & fresh fruit smoothies
– No peanut butter 1,200 calorie carb fest in a styrofoam cub at Blenders in the Grass! If you get smoothies make sure they are healthy, made with fresh fruits and juices and veggies only, no added sugar or frozen yogurt or any of that junk.
6. Make a commitment to exercise: Work out 6 days a week
– During the 25 days it’s crucial to exercise at least 6 days a week. I run for about 45 minutes a day & surf. Decide what you want to do and stick to it! No excuses!
7. Set a Goal: How much weight do you want to loose?
– I want to loose 10lbs so I am going to set My Fitness Pal calorie counter to 1,200 calories a day. You will loose 10-15lbs in 25 days, if you stick with this diet and don’t cheat, but it’s encouraging to track your progress with this cool app you can download on your phone.
8. Congrats: Now check yourself before you wreck yourself!
– It’s Day 26, you made it and you feel great. Congrats! Pat yourself on the back, post a sexy pic on our Facebook page, or buy a new skimpy dress, but the LAST thing you should do is go binge on all the stuff you couldn’t have. So have a cookie but don’t eat the whole freaking box, and have a glass or two of wine, but take it easy on your body. You are the most healthy, most sexy and best you’ve been in a while so appreciate it, protect it, and try to maintain it because it doesn’t get better than feeling this great about yourself!!!
Cheers to the hottest you EVER in just 25 days!
My breakfast smoothie this am was hu-mazing! Carrot juice, almond milk, banana, lime & fresh ginger, blended with 1 cup of ice. So good & good for you!
Marissa Miller is my hot surfer chick inspiration. Who doesn’t want a stomach like that?! Just 25 Days away…